Tuesday, January 3, 2012

GOMAD [Day 2] Update & Rope Climbing Technique Video


UPDATE 8:30 PM:

I just finished my crossfit wod and I have to say day 2 of the GOMAD experiment is going sooo much better than day 1!

No more loose stools driving me mad and I'm chugging this milk down a lot more easily!  I've learned to space out the milk sessions better, with most of my consumption during lunch and post-workout.  I drink about 3 pints each time.  If I manage to wake up earlier I'm hoping I can space out the milk chugging even more and reduce digestive discomfort.  I can definitely keep this up though.  Day 1 just had my scurrred a bit.

Today's WOD was brutal though.  Check out my horrible results here.
I met the owner of .380 today, Dave Masi.  He was totally riding my ass.  Everytime I dropped the barbell he would be right next to me shouting for me to stop resting.  He even said, "5 second rest and then go!" He proceeded to start COUNTING aloud, he was like 5 deep breaths:  "One! Two!..."  Yeah fuckin' hell.

By round 2, my wrists were hurting so much from the OH lunges the most and also partly from the handstand walking.  We did this on uneven bumpy ground so it was difficult to maneuver.  The 70 lb KB high pull and steps were also wreckin' havoc on my lower back.

Afterwards I worked on my handstand pushups/walking and rope climbs.  Speaking of, I'm going to go watch a rope climbing technique video now since, I'm not good at coming down the rope, just going up.

This video is presents 2 very simple, effective techniques.  I've only tried the leg wrap but I'm going to try the fast technique tomorrow when I head to the box.  I also need to try out how he came down.

(Tip:  Drag the cursor to 1:30 to skip all the useless jabber in the beginning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment