Wednesday, January 4, 2012

GOMAD [Day 3]; Murph Hero WOD; Raw Milk Supply

It's not even 1 PM and a lot has already happened. I decided to wake up early and go to the crossfit box this morning. I was sore and drowsy but I'm glad I went. Somehow I made it on the white board at .380! Only the best times at the box make it up there, so I'm honored and surprised. Especially since I wasn't expecting to do well as it was my first time doing "Murph!"

Proof!
Murph:
1 mile run
100 pull-ups
200 push-ups
300 squats
1 mile run

(Murph is a 'Hero WOD' dedicated to fallen Naval lieutenant, Michael Murphy; read more about him here.)

I broke up the pull-ups, push-ups, and air squats as such, 10 rounds of:  10 pull-ups, 20 push-ups, and 30 air squats.

 I marked each round with chalk on the ground to keep track. I went through these fairly quickly as I did butterfly pull-ups. However, when it came to running the mile, I got lazy as hell. My only competition at 10 AM was the ginger, Jonathan. Even though he's huge, he's a fast mofo! So he was nowhere in sight and nobody was close on my heels so I got f'n lazy and started to shuffle at first and finally I was like "fuck it!" and ended up walking a bit. When I made it around the bend, the owner was looking at his watch and said you know your first lap took you 2:30?! I was like awwww shiieet! So then I finally started to legitimately jog/run. I finally finished with 36:35, which was one of the best times though not nearly as good as I should have gotten. The 100 butterfly pull-ups left some torn skin on my left palm and I'm walking weird because my calves are sore as hell from running in my fuckin' Vibrams Five Fingers as well as those brutal OH lunges from last night.
___________________________________________________________

 So I found out that the local dairy farmer finally had some raw milk in stock again. I decided to splurge and buy two gallons of it at the steep price of $8 a gallon. I know it's hella expensive but it taste so rich and creamy. It's not even white like pasteurized milk, it has so much cream in it that it has a pale yellow tint to it and it pours out thick like half and half. This stuff makes whole, pasteurized milk from the grocery store taste like 2%! Thank you, Lavon Farms!

The warning label makes it seem like some dangerous, illegal contraband but it's perfectly safe haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment