Monday, January 2, 2012

GOMAD Experiment [Day 1]

I've drunk half a gallon of conventional, pasteurized (but non-homogenized and no rBST added) whole milk @ $3.69 a pop already! I'm off to a good start. I'm also starting up Crossfit again, after a 2-3 month hiatus, at a new box in McKinney called Crossfit .380 (I don't know what that dot means, so don't ask me).

My friend told me to document this and since I'm not an exhibitionist, I'm going to do that here on this blog that virtually nobody reads instead of Facebook, which is everyone's whore.

I was too embarrassed to ask someone to take a candid photo of me shirtless, so I went to the guest bedroom, where there's a large mirror. The lighting is horrible and I couldn't use flash because of the glare from the mirror, so this is the image that will have to do for now. I'll probably post an update with a photo every 5 days or every week, since daily would probably be pointless. Nobody's body grows that quickly. Hopefully GOMAD doesn't just result in me becoming an amorphous blubbery blob with diabetes mellitus.

1/2/2012, 4:30 PM:

Measurements:
167 lbs
Waist: 32 in/82 cm
Chest: 39 in/99 cm
Bicep: 13 in/32 cm
Thigh: 22.5 in/56.5 cm

Around 10% body fat

_______________________

UPDATE 9 PM:  I just got home from my workout and I feel great. I had plenty of energy after the WOD, so I ended up dicking around on the rings—doing muscle-ups and trying to do the 'iron cross' but failing miserably. Chris and I also did a bunch of toes-to-bars and butterfly pull-ups.

So far so good, I was worried at first because my anus wasn't feeling fantastic from chugging all that milk all of a sudden, TMI? I'm sure my body will adapt soon enough, I hope. I just had to vacate my bowels before the WOD and right after...ugh. I'm sticking this through though.

Chris is doing his weight gainer thing with no adverse effects so far and I'm still doing my ridiculous GOMAD experiment and hoping my body will start to pump out more lactase enzyme!

Oh and Chris let me try on his 30 lb weight vest...that's how much I intend to put on in muscle mass over the span of a month! I have to admit 30 lbs feels a LOT heavier than I'd previously imagined...

No comments:

Post a Comment