Saturday, January 7, 2012

GOMAD Experiment [Day 6]

Has it already been 6 days?  Actually, what am I saying...when is this going to end?

So my Accu-Measure Caliper arrived in the post and the first time I used it without really reading the instructions and thought I had 3.5% bodyfat LOL.  I thought that can't be right, so today I read it word by word carefully and realized that I had to pinch 2 - 3 inches of skinfold (I initially only pinched around 1 inch at the suprailiac region).  So now I'm confident that I have a bodyfat percentage of 8.5%.

That's not too bad after nearly a week of GOMAD!

It's about right since I was told I had around 10.7% bodyfat a few months ago, but I knew it should be less than that because she thought I was shorter than I actually was.

Also, good news!  I'm 170.0 lbs exactly now after 6 days of GOMAD!  That means I've gained 3 lbs over 6 days.  Not bad, I guess, since I'll be committing to this for at least a full month.  At this rate, I should expect to gain around 24 lbs by the end of January.  My goal is 30 lbs though, so I may go 1 - 2 months of GOMAD since I'm not sure I can eat/drink much more than this haha.

OK I have to admit that for the past 3 days I have not done the full GOMAD.  At night, I was sick of drinking that much milk so I left around 2 pints left in the container.  So for the past 3 days, I have only been drinking 2/3 to 3/4 of GOMAD.  I hope to end that today though.  Time to man up and choke that shit down!  All in the name of getting BIG.

I know I said I was going to take photos by around day 5, but it's honestly kind of degrading and I'm not sure I'm going to keep up with it.

GOMAD [Day 6] (1/6/2012) Measurements:
170.0 lbs
Waist:  82.5 cm/ a little more than 32 in
Neck: 15 in
Chest:  39 in
Leg circumference (around right thigh): 22.5 in
Arm circumference (around right bicep, flexed): 14.5 in
Shoulder Span:  18.5 - 19 in


GOMAD [Day 1] (1/2/2012) Measurements:
167.0 lbs
Waist: 32 in/82 cm
Neck:  15 in
Chest: 39 in
Arm Circumf. (around r. bicep, flexed):  14.5 in
Leg Circumf. (around r. thigh):  22.5 in
Shoulder span: 18 in


Results:

So no dramatic changes really.  My shoulder span also increased a tad, depending on how I measured it.  If I let the tape go across my shoulder girdle, it was a solid 19 inches, but if it I took it directly on the very top of my shoulders over my cervical vertebrae then it was around 18.5 inches.  So I had a 1/2 - 1 inch increase in my shoulder span.  I'm still pleased!

My waist also increased a tiny bit but that's to be expected on GOMAD and it was less than 1/2 an inch (let's hope that trend doesn't continue all month though haha).  Everything else seems to have stayed the same.

So with my 3 lbs increase, I also saw an increase in my measurements, which is good news.  I'm hoping that it's mostly muscle mass increase and with an 8.5% bodyfat (if my caliper readings are accurate) then things are going well so far.

_______________________________________________________

Secret to GOMAD:

This OTC product has made this obscene ritual of chugging a gallon of milk a day that much more bearable!  It's more effective than just lactase enzymes since it also has probiotics in it.  I saw it at Wally World and it was less than $8 dollars for I believe a month's worth, so I gave it a shot and I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment