Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ben Smith Post...AGAIN

I just saw this video from December of last year and was so impressed that I had to make another post on my Crossfit hero, Ben Smith.

Now I thought I was impressed with the 300# OHS in the Godzilla WOD but this 180# average-looking guy is throwing up 360# OHS!  Granted, the WOD involves multiple reps, but still...impressive!

Even more impressive is that he taught himself olympic weightlifting just by watching videos online and then practicing in his parents' basement!  In his own words:  "I've learned everything on my own from watching videos and practicing, a lot."

(Even though he doesn't get the mass media attention like Chris Spealler and Camille, he finished a very laudable 8th place in the 2010 Crossfit Games.  And get this 3rd place in the 2011 CF Reebok Games!)

MAD RESPECT.

Ben Smith doin' his thang!




For those who don't know what the Godzilla WOD is, here is the short, edited clip:



Here's the long version:

No comments:

Post a Comment