Sunday, April 8, 2012

Are You Regular (Day 8)

(Reposted from the official fundraising website, Get Kyle Back on His Feet!)

I've never had a problem with regularity.  My bowel movements have always been punctual and frequent and work like clockwork.  Then comes along Mr. Narcotic Analgesic, Hydrocodone, piggy-backing on Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen and bam!  I'm stopped up like the Hoover Dam!

It's been more than 2 days and let me tell you, that's not a pleasant feeling.

I had no clue what to do since I've never been in this position before.  So I did a little Googling:

"Constipation due to hydrocodone/APAP will not go away on its own, as long as you continue to take the medication. Someone who has been taking the medication for years is just as likely to have constipation due to the drug as someone who just started taking it. The body never adjusts or adapts to the effects of hydrocodone/APAP that cause constipation."

(From the website eMedTV.com)

So, I took Metamucil (Psyllium Husk) for the first time in my life today ... and it worked like a charm!  WOOT!

LOL I've never been so thrilled to drop a deuce before! Now I can't wipe this idiotic grin off my face. =) 

That Metamucil/Psyllium Husk did the trick! No need for hardcore laxatives, psh! Narcotic analgesics ain't go nuthin' on my colon!

We take so many basic things like being REGULAR for granted. The next time you get on that john, thank your lucky stars that things are going smoothly (mine was painful as heck at first before it was smooth sailing) LOL, TMI?

Well, get over it!  Talking about and observing your stool should be part of your daily routine.  Check out the book, What's Your Poo Telling You?
And yes, I own the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment